Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terraforming
02-17-2012, 11:18 AM
RE: Terraforming
With modding already almost ready in game (you can already replace meshes and alter basic behavior of in-game items), and at least one related component likely to be available in .41, I can see LOUD being adapted to a variety of play styles.

I know Aaron Bishop intends to add a script engine to it as well (but I'm not sure how soon). The script engine should allow you to have completely custom items and entities. Make your own monsters, make your own vehicles, make your own weapons.

The only thing that wouldn't be mars-like is the terrain. (But then again, those few people who know about "The Wastes" know that the terrain itself can be changed quite a bit too)

So while I don't think the Mars edition of LOUD will be coming out any time soon, I agree that modding should definitely get you close.

Secret's out. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2012, 01:13 PM
I like how this was revived by someone who is 90% likely to be a bot.

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
(02-17-2012 01:13 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  I like how this was revived by someone who is 90% likely to be a bot.

I guess that means somebody needs to work harder at their job. Tongue

Triple-A companies thrive on greed, indie companies thrive on weed.
My blog | Random game talk | dA
02-18-2012, 10:58 AM
Meh it was one post with no real solid evidence Tongue

Also I'm working hard enough, the point is you need to think I'm not working hard at it, I know I'm doing it right when it seems like I'm doing nothing at all, keep the flow going.. I deleted 3 off topic threads and banned a bot just the other day for example, before anyone's eyes were assaulted lol.

02-18-2012, 01:53 PM
The question is, though, have you cleaved the .41 topic to get the modding stuff split out yet?

Secret's out. Cool
02-18-2012, 06:54 PM
(02-18-2012 10:58 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  Meh it was one post with no real solid evidence Tongue

Also I'm working hard enough, the point is you need to think I'm not working hard at it, I know I'm doing it right when it seems like I'm doing nothing at all, keep the flow going.. I deleted 3 off topic threads and banned a bot just the other day for example, before anyone's eyes were assaulted lol.

Trying to play God now?

02-18-2012, 07:32 PM
"Trying"? Wink

02-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Thomas may as well be an Admin here because of how helpful he has been... plus, he's able to be on a bit more than I am o.o

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
02-19-2012, 03:08 AM
(02-19-2012 02:24 AM)iAreNubcake Wrote:  Thomas may as well be an Admin here because of how helpful he has been... plus, he's able to be on a bit more than I am o.o

I completely agree, make him the community manager. Big Grin

02-19-2012, 04:58 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2012 04:58 AM by Jaguar.)
he's been slacking a bit lately though... there's one thread that needed moderation, and he never split it.... and there's the subject of the little badge thingy underneath my name... (and the fact that it's not there).... on the other hand, it think I know why he's distracted. Too much i to the b.

Secret's out. Cool