Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VG Haunted History
03-26-2015, 03:27 AM
VG Haunted History
New thread for posting about creepy things from a past no one ever talks about.

This thread is for discussing things that were left in games that shouldn't have been, or that got cut, but were still leaked.

Example: Old Sonic the Hedgehog games.
Sonic CD contained a hidden sound test that housed many secrets. Selecting the correct numbers would bring up concept art of all varieties. One particular one looked like a fusion of Sonic and Batman. The creepiest was a hidden screen only meant to be seen by pirates of the game. It featured what appeared to be sonic with a distorted white Mario face, wagging his finger. If the creepy boss music wasn't bad enough, the text in the back translates to "Fun is infinite. --Majiin"

Likewise:
Sonic 2 (Simon Wai beta) has an incomplete set of levels. If you open the level select screen (A+Start), levels never seen by the public show up. Wood Zone, Dusty Hill, Hidden Palace (reused in Sonic 3), and... Genocide City...? Come again? According to a later interview, the sonic team didn't have a complete grasp of English at the time, and wanted something that sounded edgy. It's still creepy as hell, though, because loading the level puts sonic in an empty level. While the Death Egg BGM plays, you fall downward for a few seconds before you die.

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2015, 04:51 AM
RE: VG Haunted History
I can't remember anything off the top of my head.

I play too many games at once.
03-27-2015, 06:37 PM
Borderlands 2 - Big Game Hunt DLC:
Walk under a floating spore and shoot it. Notice that it's suddenly dropping bombs on you as it somehow makes a demented laughing noise. It's not creepy until you notice, but still. Another thing - why is a PLANT vocalising psychotic laughter in a garbled mess? Does it scare off predators?

Gameboy Camera
Old accessory. Long story short:
-Never push "RUN."
-Avoid causing system errors.
-Never buy one.
...because it loads pictures of the dev team thatve been drawn on that are kinda bizarre, and plays weird music. Usually accompanied with text "Who are you running from?"

Pokemon: FireRed/LeafGreen
Using a gameshark to give yourself the S.S. ticket, Mystic ticket, and Eon ticket early, followed by flying to the ship, displays a hidden message. Apparently intended for pirates, using a cheated ticket early causes the game to display the text "Like the game? Buy it or die." Piracy just seems to bring out the worst in people.

Forever vigilent.
03-27-2015, 06:38 PM
There was a gameboy camera?!

03-27-2015, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 07:21 PM by durdur.)
Yep. Discontinued due to resolution being terrible.
Also, it was an add on for the Gameboy, not a standalone schtick.

Forever vigilent.
03-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Higher or lower than the nokia walkman's camera?