09-11-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Uberdark Alpha 0.53 Comments
It does seem rather far back in time.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2015, 01:34 AM
(09-11-2015 04:08 AM)Weridoguy Wrote:  I managed to read that in less than 10 minutes.

TBH, I'm not even sure why I typed that.
New topic in OffTopic!

Forever vigilent.
Find all posts by this user
09-13-2015, 06:04 AM
Replied!

I play too many games at once.
11-08-2015, 05:45 AM
I am really happy about the new baby, so congratulations Aaron!

Unfortunately, activity has ceased on the forums, and I presume, on the game, since I have not heard otherwise.

I understand how the baby is a priority now and demands a lot of time. Perhaps by Spring, Aaron can squeeze in some work.

But, we should hear from him in some capacity because it takes just a couple of minutes to update us on his future plans for the project.

Guys, this game has been in development for five years and is barely into alpha, not to mention that he scrapped it entirely halfway through. If we do not hear from Aaron soon, let us just consider this a dead project and move on. I for one had my share of expectations and personal feelings regarding the game, but I am trying to learn to let that all go and stop resisting, even setting aside my views on ethics. I suggest you all do the same.
11-08-2015, 01:41 PM
Thorixion, this is unfortunately a sentiment that we've shared for a while, but at this point I think we've all just kind of accepted that we shouldn't expect a ton out of it. We mostly just hang out for if/when the project picks up in full force, but it's not really important nowadays.

As far as Aaron, I have heard from him. IN short, he's aware he's spent a ton of time away from the game and he's looking to pick it up again soon. We'll see what happens, or maybe not. It doesn't make much different as it has been years as you said.

As for me, I only put in $10 originally. With that $10, I got to enjoy the early development of the game, I met some friends I still talk to today, and I got a lot of other experiences and memories. For me, it stopped being about the game pretty early on, as it was kind of clear that development wasn't going to take off. I'd love for the game to actually get made, but frankly I don't think it will now. Still, I think my original donation to the Kickstarter was well worth it.

I agree, I think it's probably time to close up shop for me. I've enjoyed being here, I've enjoyed meeting the people I've met, and I enjoyed the ride, but every ride has an end, and I've been trying to pretend it hasn't come for a while. I'll let Aaron know, I guess.

[Image: AxwWvY1.png]
11-08-2015, 02:29 PM
I'll keep checking this forum until Aaron himself says he wants to stop.
11-09-2015, 12:23 AM
That's cool. I could easily get into what we paid for and what he should do, but it does not matter. It looked like a Minecrafter's dream come true, and I consider it a great loss that it was only a tech demo. Perhaps Aaron would consider open-sourcing the project; I think he has made all the money he could off of this. At the very least, he could hand it over to one of our faithful forum users or a programmer he trust. I would ask that he open-sources the first version (the last smooth shaded one before the project reboot/engine rewrite) as the well as the second. The first version is my preferred version. Notch possibly would have open-sourced Minecraft if he stuck with his philosophy and his principles of an indie developer.
11-09-2015, 02:01 AM
Even if he open sourced the project I doubt anyone will be interested enough to continue working on it.
11-09-2015, 05:24 AM
I'd go for another ride myself, if Aaron picks up the project, but for now, I'll stop visiting the forums every day, and perhaps go back to visiting once a month to see if anything has happened.

I play too many games at once.
11-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Babies are awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if we get the next alpha around 2019 Big Grin

Perkele.