Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lords of Uberdark wiki for Android
12-29-2011, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2012 05:58 AM by Martiiin.)
Lords of Uberdark wiki for Android
Hey everybody!

I am currently developing the first Android application for Lords of Uberdark; a mobile wiki.
It is 100% free and with no ads at all.
I already got the permission from Aaron to use the game's graphics and such.

Link to the finished application - https://market.android.com/details?id=co...rdark.wiki

- Original thread -

This is where I need your help!
Almost all the text I am using in the application have been copied from the Lords of Uberdark wiki page, but with the newest patch 0.39 which added a lot of items, I need more text.

Here are the items I need a description of:
Tools - Club, heavyaxe, heavypick, knife, spear
Mobs - Admiral, archer, lord, mason
Items - Anvil

If you make a description, to an item please add it to the online wiki too, here is the link - http://lordsofuberdark.wikia.com (this is the official wiki, right?).

Screenshots of the project so far - Imgur album (I will be polishing it a bit before the official release too).
Link to download the .apk from my Dropbox - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10509416/LoUDWiki.apk, but I'm not sure if it works, apparently the latest MIUI ruins the phones connection to a PC, and I won't be flashing a new ROM right now.

Thanks a lot!

-----------------------------
| Uberdark Wiki for Android |
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2011, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 03:57 AM by SabotageTheFool.)
RE: Lords of Uberdark wiki for Android (I need your help!)
*a mobile wiki

And there is no official Wiki. I had the other wiki much better stocked with images and information (in my opinion, if I do say so myself) because I much prefered its layout, but it's being destroyed by bots so I've given up on it. I personally don't want to use Wikia because it simply looks horrible. I would like to run an actual Wiki, but I don't have the spare resources for that.

For Club, Knife and Spear it could all be such as:
A weapon added in Alpha .39, there is no information on damage yet as there are no working Zombis present in this version.

Heavy Pick:
A new type of pickaxe added in the Alpha .39 update. It is much larger than the normal Pickaxe and digs a much larger area when swung making it very useful for gathering materials, but not for building.

Heavy Axe:
A new type of Axe added in the Alpha .39 update. It is much larger than the normal Axe but no further information is available as the Zombis and Trees aren't usable in this update. However it would be assumed it does much more damage than the axe and can chop more of a tree in one swing like its Heavy Pick counterpart.

The four "mobs" there is absolutely no information on, so wait until a version is released and update the wiki then.

Anvil-
A new "furniture" item added in the Alpha .39 update. Though it cannot do anything within this update, it can be assumed it would be used for crafting of metallic tools.

Your app looks pretty much like what i would expect from seeing iPhone "wiki" apps.
What I would say is I would prefer seeing the new Lords of Uberdark logo on the starting screen with Wiki wrote somewhere instead of what you're offering atm.
Also since you ARE using Wikia for your app, having a quick look at the Grimstone page, don't use the picture they've given (the "texture" shows nothing of what it actually looks like) and their information of it is very under-informed.. See now OCD is telling me to start contributing to Wikia so at least people have somewhere to go...

-EDIT-
I looked again at it, the very slim amount of detail, sighed and lost interest again lol. Too much like work.

-A FURTHER EDIT-
Someone's been on fixing and updating the good wiki o.o Who did that? lol
I'm going to make this a new post just so it stands out.

Someone helped revive the other Wiki, it's where I edit and keep things up to date, with better pictures also. So please go there:
http://lordsofuberdarkwiki.net/index.php...rdark_Wiki

"No Excuses. No Apologies. No Regrets."
[Image: sabotagethefoolsmall.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-29-2011, 09:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 10:51 AM by Martiiin.)
(12-29-2011 03:18 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  *a mobile wiki
Thanks Rolleyes

I will be looking at all your suggestions, and will also be using the wiki you linked from now on.
I am at a LAN atm, and will have plenty of time to work on it.

And again.. Thanks! Smile

/edit
And should I change the name to LoU instead of LoUD? LoU makes more sense Tongue

/edit2
Will it be okay if i delete pages on wiki like this - http://lordsofuberdarkwiki.net/index.php...iftBaskets and isn't it possible to ban the bot or just make only registered users edit/submit?

12-29-2011, 12:43 PM
(12-29-2011 09:07 AM)Martiiin Wrote:  
(12-29-2011 03:18 AM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  *a mobile wiki
Thanks Rolleyes

I will be looking at all your suggestions, and will also be using the wiki you linked from now on.
I am at a LAN atm, and will have plenty of time to work on it.

And again.. Thanks! Smile

/edit
And should I change the name to LoU instead of LoUD? LoU makes more sense Tongue

/edit2
Will it be okay if i delete pages on wiki like this - http://lordsofuberdarkwiki.net/index.php...iftBaskets and isn't it possible to ban the bot or just make only registered users edit/submit?

It's not impossible but the only person that has the power to ban/block hasn't been around in a long time. Kinda sucks.

AND YES! Have it LoU. Atm, I'm the only person who calls it LoU. Wink
12-29-2011, 04:35 PM
LoUd sounds much nicer, plus LoU sounds like some guy's name.

You can't judge a butt by its cover~
12-29-2011, 05:08 PM
YES! People agree with me (except Gabby) that LoUd is far cooler, it has to be a small "d" to show it's not a big extra word Tongue

LoUd is nicer to say and sounds cooler and is what I always use XD

And like what Gabby said, you can but Gomisan has disappeared Undecided

12-29-2011, 05:10 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2011 05:13 PM by Martiiin.)
LoU Wiki, LoUd Wiki, Uberdark Wiki, Lords of Uberdark Wiki, there are loads of choices Big Grin

I fixed a lot of things today, but won't put it on Android Market before I get a chance to test it on a device.

ETA: 1st January 2012?
Sunday is also a better day to release it - http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/19/sunday-...obile-app/.

/edit
I looked up the domain, writing an email to him now.

12-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Yeah I think "Uberdark Wiki" with Lords of Uberdark as a search tag, as if you look up ^ It's "UberdarkForum" and that's the official one Tongue

I would call the actual wiki "Uberdark Wiki" too Big Grin (LoU Wiki was never a choice Tongue)

12-29-2011, 06:38 PM
(12-29-2011 05:13 PM)SabotageTheFool Wrote:  Yeah I think "Uberdark Wiki" with Lords of Uberdark as a search tag, as if you look up ^ It's "UberdarkForum" and that's the official one Tongue

I would call the actual wiki "Uberdark Wiki" too Big Grin (LoU Wiki was never a choice Tongue)
Yeah, I think Uberdark Wiki will do.
I got the LoU from the wiki you linked Tongue

12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
YOU WHAT?!?

Meh, just checked, too much bother to change that. That's Gomisan's fault lol.

I must get around to updating it even moar >_<